Credit Cards give you freedom of taking cash advances. But avail this service only at the time of emergency because cash advances are levied with charges, which you start paying from the day you have cashed out. There is no grace period on cash advances. Learning how to spend money wisely is one way of taking care of yourself in the future. You should spend some time on Health Blog CosmoBC to learn some ways to take care of yourself.
SEE HOW INTEREST IS CALCULATED
Each credit card has different interest rates for different types of transactions, such as regular purchases, balance transfers and cash advances. The interest rate you’ll often see in advertising is the purchase interest rate, which is the rate you’re charged on purchases if you don’t pay your balance in full by the payment due date on your statement each month.
In case of unexpected expenses, it is better to talk to your credit card provider and explore different options that you can take advantage of, such as availing low interest credit options. This way you can save on the amount you repay.
MAXIMISE THE BENEFITS
From complimentary international travel insurance to emergency assistance and extended warranty on purchases, there is a range of benefits that may come with a credit card. Different types of cards have different benefits. So choose a card only if it has the benefit you’re after. Remember, cards with lots of perks are likely to have higher annual fees and interest rates than other card types.
KNOW YOUR MONTHLY SPENDING LIMITS
You’ll want to avoid overspending and getting yourself into debt beyond your means at all costs. Before taking out a credit card, use budget planner to assess how much disposable income you have each month that could be used to repay a credit card. Online credit card repayment calculator can help you figure out how long it would take to pay back your balance, based on what you can afford to pay.
You can choose to repay anywhere between your minimum due payment or your full balance each month, but the more you pay off the less interest you will be charged.
SBI CREDIT CARD CUSTOMER CARE NUMBER
Any queries regarding credit cards, be it payment schedule, reward offers, statement issuance, fees and charges or others, all are sorted out at the helpline numbers 1860 180 1290 and 1800 180 1290. The customer care representatives are patient and courteous; they will do their best to give you the most plausible solution.
In case of complaints about the staff or service, the SBI credit card customers can fill the grievance form. The form can be found on sbicard.com
KEEPING YOUR SBI CREDIT CARD SAFE
The users of SBI credit card can enjoy the convenience of shopping with the card because they don’t need to worry about misuse or fraudulent activity on their card. There are features like lock, block, limit that allows you to keep a tight check on how your credit card is being used –lock out international payments and contactless payments. You can block it for cash advances and put limit on every transaction.
We have listed up some safety steps you can take to reduce your chance of being scammed.
When you are online
• When making payments online, always look at the padlock icon in the address bar of your browser and use only website with ‘https’ as they are more secure.
• Avoid clicking on hyperlinks in emails from unknown senders.
• Don’t reveal your personal data to anyone who makes contact with you with a prospect of some transaction. If you receive an email by someone or are contacted via social media, find out their company name and research the company before providing any personal details.
• Whenever you are on a public computer try your best not to enter sensitive information such as credit card details because there are so many hackers who are in the hunt of such valuable personal details. Never leave the public computer unattended, log out of all the accounts you logged in and don’t save any details in it.
When you are in store
• Set a PIN that is hard to guess –avoid using personal information such as birth year or your name.
• Never share your PIN to anyone.
• Always cover the keypad with hands whenever entering your PIN.
• Always keep your credit card in your sight when transaction occurs.
When you are travelling
• Tell SBI beforehand where and when you will travel overseas so they don’t put a hold on your card for security reasons.
• You should not keep all your cards together in a single case or purse. Keep the cards that you use close to you and other cards in a safe place.
If you ever notice a suspicious activity on your card
You should keep all your information up to date with the Bank officials, in case there is any suspicious activity takes place. Block you SBI card immediately. You can do this by using SBI Card app, or by calling 18601801290/39020202 (prefix your local STD code). Alternatively, SMS BLOCK XXXX (where XXXX is the last digit of your SBI Credit card) to 567679.
Forgot where you put your card?
There are instances when we forget the place where we last put our card and we are sure that we have only misplaced it and it’s not stolen. In such scenario, you should instantly temporarily block your card through SBI Card app until you find it.
If you can’t find it for a long period then you need to tell SBI immediately about the matter so that they can cancel the card and order a new card for you. Once you do this they will typically send you the card and other add-on card cardholders within a few business days.
When the new card arrives, you will have to activate it and establish a new PIN –you can do this via SBI Card app.
SBI CREDIT CARD PIN GENERATION
You can change your SBI credit card PIN by generating a new PIN online by visiting their website. All you need is to login to your SBI account online and then click on ‘My Account’ on the left side of the menu. After this, you will need to follow these steps:
1. Click on Manage PIN
2. Select the card
3. Click on “Generate OTP” tab
4. Input the OTP
5. Enter and re-enter the new PIN
6. Click on “Submit” button